Our phone/internet service was installed on Weds. Nov 30th at our 785 Mass Ave location. We can now receive messages, and as soon as we find the phone (it was packed) we will be able to answer the phone when it rings. You can email us if you know my email address or use the contact/registration form. I get email notices on my smartphone, so I am not out of the loop.
Right now, the electrical work is pretty much complete. Inspection was passed and most of the ceiling tiles are back in place. There are still some more things that need to be accomplished before we can resume classes.
- Most of the painting is complete, but one more wall needs to be finished
- The baseboards need to be installed (Barry is hired to do that on Dec 3) and painted (by us.)
- The HVAC needs to be checked, which we hope will be done on Monday
- Half of the space has new flooring, it needs to be cleaned and sealed.
- Finally, the furniture needs to be put in place, according to plan, and then unpacking and installation of the gravity feed irons and task lighting.
During the next month or so, the rest of the work can be done around scheduled class times.
Before you head to class the week of December 5th, please check the website or call the school phone to confirm that your class is meeting. We will have a better idea of a reopening date after this weekend, Dec 3-4.
We have been painting at the new place. Most of it is complete. You can see pictures in my most recent email newsletter (12-2-11.) Norma Osborn has been a huge help with painting, at the old space as well as the new. Sandy Brooks, my daughter, Amelia, and several others have lent a hand with the big job painting entails. I thank all of you named, and un-named, who have contributed to this move. It wouldn’t be possible without all of your support. Thank you!
If you should have some time available this week, especially now that we have passed the electrical inspection, much help is needed to move furniture into place, as well as unpacking. Anyone who contributes 3+ hours will received a discount on a future 6 week class.
I look forward to seeing you soon.